Saturday 9 April 2011

The Leisure Society 'This Phantom Life'


The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you’ll discover that, for you, the world is transformed. – Jiddu Krishnamurti

This song resonates with me because for many years I have sought the answers that a Roman Catholic upbringing did not provide. Who am I? What am I doing here? What’s it all for? Why should I be bothered about anything? Who is writing the script for my life story? I have looked externally and always asked others these questions; I never once thought to ask myself. And yet I now realize that all the answers are within my own being, I just need to look a little more closely. Also, I may not have all the answers and the answer to that dilemma is to accept that all the questions cannot be answered; I should have the grace to accept that too. We should all stop running around trying to get someone else to explain what we cannot, and instead be at peace with ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment